Data Specialist, Developer Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Developer Operations is looking for a strong team player to support the developer community, enforce our principles and policies and ensure the best possible user experience on our platform. In this position, you will interface with everyone from lone developers creating their first app to larger companies who have built businesses on the Facebook Platform, while working closely with the platform product, marketing, partnerships and engineering teams.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, make quick decisions, and are up for a challenge. Candidates should also demonstrate the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Quantify and approach solving problems through data-driven methodology
- Analyze data to identify trends to drive scalable solutions
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical platform initiatives
- Interface effectively with other teams within Facebook
- Creatively contribute to the Platform team's overall mission
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience using SQL or other querying language
- Experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, R, etc.)
- Project Management and organizational abilities
- Quantitative and analytical abilities that support data-driven decision making
Back to top