Data Scientist, Product
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. To provide people in developing countries with the best experience we recently introduced Facebook Lite; a lightweight app optimized for slow networks and low-end phones. We're looking for product analysts with passion for consumer products to help leverage data and make great products happen!Facebook's analytics mission is bringing impact through data driven product development. To achieve that we work as an integral part of a product team along with product managers, developers and designers. As part of your daily work you'll need to have a deep product mindset and ambition to drive the product roadmap and set measurable goals. You'll be expected to ask the right questions (that's the tricky part!) and utilize your set of tools to drive meaningful insights. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, solid experience in data-driven decision-making, scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. This position is located in Tel Aviv.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our growth products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- This role has work across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
- Working in hadoop and hive primarily, sometimes mysql, oracle, and vertica
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Product Operations
- Setting goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- XFN Influence
- Influencing product teams through presentation of work
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 4+ years experience at quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Proven experience leading data driven projects from definition to execution
- Fluency in SQL
- Python, R or any other scripting language – big advantage
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- A fast thinker, multi tasking and highly independent
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top