Data Scientist, Product
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Build meaningful products with talented, supportive colleagues in a rewarding, diverse environment!
The job is to be the "data eyes and ears" guiding the product team. We're building innovative, exciting products used by many millions of people around the world. The data scientist finds what's working, what can be improved, what's missing. While not a management role, the data scientist drives strategy and roadmap of a large number of engineers and designers.
Suited for people with experience studying data to guide product development. The key attributes needed are: mastery of SQL, strong quantitative logic, core statistical knowledge, instinctive product sense and focus on real-world impact.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our growth products.
- Work as a key member of the product team to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Set KPIs and goals, design and evaluate experiments, monitor key product metrics, understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- Exploratory analysis to discover new opportunities: understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- identifying levers to help move key metrics.
- 3+ years experience doing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company
- Fluency in SQL
- Core statistical knowledge
- Proven experience leading data-driven projects from definition to execution: defining metrics, experiment design, communicating actionable insights.
- Able to mentor and guide junior data scientists
- Experience leading analytics teams - advantage
- Python, R or any other scripting language â€" advantage
Back to top