Data Scientist, Oculus Computer Vision
Great virtual reality technology depends on advances in computer vision and machine learning. As a Data Scientist at Oculus you'll be solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision technology that transform virtual reality from dream to reality.
We're looking for a creative engineer to usher in the next era of human-computer interaction by integrating data-driven solutions and machine learning techniques into the expanding landscape of virtual reality. The Data Scientist will be responsible for providing reports on key metrics to a team of positional tracking experts in order to drive algorithm development based on large amounts of captured data, as well as directing our data collection efforts to identify areas for improvement.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Apply machine learning/statistical techniques to formulate the definition of perceptually good positional tracking
- Drive algorithm development based on large amounts of captured positional tracking data
- Devise data-driven techniques to characterize the performance of a positional tracking system
- MSc or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Analytical experience in collecting, organizing, evaluating, and disseminating information
- Programming experience such as Python or R
- Experience with algorithm evaluation and determination of success criteria
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top