(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to perform strategic analysis to support and enable the continued growth critical to Facebook's Data Center organization. You will be responsible for surfacing insights and driving action for various aspects of Facebook's global data center operations. You will also help translate data and identify efficiency opportunities. You will be expected to use data to provide meaningful recommendations and actionable strategies to key stakeholders, and develop best practices, including streamlining of data sources and related programmatic initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in white space and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of thought leadership and impact in providing insights through analytics. This position is part of the Infrastructure Data Center team and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Leverage data and analysis principles to help drive large scale FB Data Center programs.
- Develop metrics, data pipelines, statistical models, and reporting for operational performance, efficiency and growth of Facebook's data centers.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations.
- Identify and implement streamlined processes for data reporting and communication.
- Use analytical models to identify insights that are used to drive key decisions across the organization.
- Create dashboards that help to communicate metrics, trends and other key indicators to senior leadership.
- Support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebook's Data Center strategy.
- Leverage tools like Python, Tableau & SQL to drive efficient analytics.
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science)
- 3+ years of prior experience in a role with emphasis on analytics or data science required
- 3+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across diverse stakeholders
- 3+ years of writing complex queries (SQL)
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools (Tableau)
- 1+ years of experience programming (Python)
- Track record of leveraging data-driven models to drive business decisions
- Experience using data access tools and building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources
- Analytical ability and communications skills
- Ability to effectively distill and communicate data to all organizational levels
- Experience with medium to large datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation).
- 3+ years of experience in applying statistical methods using various analysis tools (R, SAS, STRATA, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience programming (PHP)
- Good understanding of statistics and optimization techniques.
- Technical knowledge of data center operations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top