Data Scientist, Data Center, Growth & Efficiency Analytics - Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative products. The Data Center Analytics team is seeking a technically minded data scientist to support data center metrics creation, pipelining, and modeling efforts for overall operations efficiency. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to work closely with our data center business units to do exploratory data analysis in a reproducible manner, develop the right metrics, and to focus on developing best practices for data aggregation, maintaining analytical models and dashboards, and analyzing operational KPIs.
You will play a key role in analysis and reporting across the data center space using analytical rigor to drive insight and identify opportunities. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook's data center operations and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must. This position is part of the Infrastructure Data Center team and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Create quantitative models reporting business trends across the data center space, automate data collection, develop and maintain analytical models, and generate reports and dashboards that measure the performance of Facebook's data centers
- Work with the data center teams and various stakeholders to do deeper dives in new optimization fronts that touches cross-functional aspects of data center performance.
- Leverage tools like SQL, HIVE_,_R, Python,Tableau
- Analyze data to identify trends that drive data-based decision making for the business
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebook's data center strategy
- Pursuing a Master's degree in an analytical field (Comp Sci, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical experience in an analytics environment preferred
- Experience with Excel and SQL
- Experience with at least 1 scripting language (C++, Java, PHP, PERL, PYTHON, etc..)
- Experience using data access tools and building dashboards using datasets and source
- Proven track record of applying data driven models
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Hands-on experience on reproducible research, exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling and/or machine learning, analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2020
Back to top