Data Scientist- Consumer Insights
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a data scientist for our industry-facing Consumer Insights practice (Facebook IQ, http://insights.fb.com/) in North America. In this role you are responsible for delivering analytics, maintaining dashboards and pipelines that uncover unique, people-centric insights that are actionable for advertisers and marketers. You will enjoy working with top-notch people, one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights presented on the world stage on a regular basis. We do work on audiences (e.g. youth, multi-cultural, etc.), media (e.g., rise of messaging), verticals (e.g. education, healthcare, etc.), markets (e.g. profiling high growth markets) and more. You will work closely with Consumer Insights Analysts/Researchers to leverage our internal data, the Marketing/Activation team to tell the stories of our insights, cross-functionally with the rest of Facebook’s Marketing Science team, and other analytics and insights functions across Facebook (e.g. IT, product, communications, public content and core data science). The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making for marketers/advertisers. You will be curious by nature and get a kick out of finding out fascinating insights about people that transform the advertising industry. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive thought leadership research. This position is based full time in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights about markets, audiences, industries and media.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify opportunities to build solutions for Consumer Insights.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute analysis that feeds into our Consumer Insights research projects.
- Identify methods to leverage Facebook’s large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance 3rd party research work with proprietary data.
- Partner with Consumer Insights Analysts/Researchers and Consumer Insights Marketing/Activation team to turn analysis into insight-driven stories.
- Select and deselect analytics priorities, insights and data based on ability to drive our desired outcomes.
- Inform, and align to, our larger Consumer Insights strategy and editorial calendar.
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field.
- 4+ years experience in SQL or other programming languages.
- 4+ years of Project Management experience.
- Experience communicating results and analyses to influence the overall strategy of Consumer Insights
- 4+ years of experience in statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions).
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SPSS) or other methods.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Experience working on quantitative research projects in the area of consumer insights.
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top