(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking data scientists with a passion for technology to solve unique problems within our measurement and surveying products. Our team solves the hardest challenges in turning raw data to accurate signal and extracting insights to improve Facebook's products. Appropriate candidates have an understanding of multiple components across the big data stack: instrumentation, data quality, large-scale data processing, statistics, machine learning, and visualization. The ideal candidate thrives at the intersection of Data Science and Software Engineering, and is motivated by the opportunity to build technology that applies state-of-the-art research to leverage our huge data sets and extract every bit of accuracy and value out of them. You will enjoy getting unique access to several of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You will work with many teams across all departments in the organization. If you are the kind of researcher who's scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and a quick learner, this role is for you. This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how to effectively measure and understand the mobile ecosystem
- Develop data pipelines with automated, machine-learning systems that convert noisy core datasets into powerful signals of user behavior
- Develop best practices for data collection and experimentation, and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Create new algorithms to mine Facebook's massive amounts of dataInform, influence, support, and execute data analysis projects used throughout Facebook to drive product decisions
- Mine massive amounts of data, extract useful product insights and build visualizations to clarify conclusions shared widely across the company
- Explore new technologies, innovative instrumentation and data collection to develop unique data sources and utilize them
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning and big data, preferably within the web or mobile app industries
- M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques (classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, etc.)
- Experience with network-based data (TCP, HTTP, etc.) a plus
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Knowledge of relational databases and query languages such as SQL
- Experience with data analysis using packages such as R or Python as a user of scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.), or equivalents in Scala, C++, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top