Data Scientist, AR/VR Camera
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day. How would you like to work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. Join a team of Data Engineers and Scientists in the Camera Team! The mission of the Camera Team is to empower people through Augmented Reality (AR), and in doing so build a world class Camera. Data Scientist support everything from helping product teams build new pipelines to track new and existing AR experiences, or measuring the performance of the underlying AR tech (e.g. face and hand trackers, plane detectors, etc.).
The Camera team is also a platform team, meaning that the technology we build supports not just Facebookâ€™s main app, but also Instagram, Messenger, Bonfire, etc. Data Scientists on this team will be uniquely positioned to analyze data, influence teams and create impact across the Facebook family of apps!
- Analyze complex data sets to identify and interpret trends and patterns in new and existing products.
- Apply statistical techniques to understand groups of users, their engagement with the platform, and the performance of the platform itself.
- Communicate clear product recommendations to business partners using data trends and analyses.
- Work with business partners to ensure proper collection and logging of data needed to provide actionable metrics and goals that align with strategic priorities.
- Use technologies and methods such as Dataswarm, Hive, Python, R, SQL to create deep scalable and repeatable insights that will empower the team while informing roadmap and team priorities.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
- Analytical experience in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information through usage of new and existing data.
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and/or other Database Management Languages.
- Experience capturing, visualizing and presenting data to executives to assist with business decisions.
- Experience in at least one scientific computing language (Python, R, Scala, etc.).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top