Data Scientist, Analytics-Remote Presence
- Bellevue, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger remote presence infra team powers audio and video calling for millions of users. This is a real time calling infrastructure for Messenger, Instagram, Workchat and Portal. We are looking for Data Scientists with deep knowledge in infrastructure systems to join us.Some of the key questions you will be working on: Systematic understanding of media stack of infrastructure with data, quantify media quality and explore how media quality affect user engagement; improving networking stack and working on cutting edge technology to make remote experience more real time and fun. With this role, you can learn a lot of skills to make you an awesome DS: dive deep into tech stack of infra, experimentation (A/B testing), operational support. There is a good balance between diving deep on technical side as well as influencing engineering leaders on this role - data scientists are the key partner to deliver insights and uncover opportunities and drive engineering roadmap on the team. Team is based in Bellevue.
- Build long term product vision and strategy and scope out the area for the team
- Generate product ideas that affects millions of users to connect real time
- Understand the complex E2E real time infrastructure system and identify the bottlenecks and opportunities
- Build and validate the hypothesis of product ideas and infrastructure improvements
- Leverage data to inform the right business decision, such as designing how to evaluate the product performance and whether they should be launched
- 5+ years of hands-on data science experience, Data analysis skill, willing to get your hands dirty with data
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python, R
- Experience on working with multiple cross functional partners and influence decision making based on data
- Experience initiating and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experimentation- AB testing
- Educational background in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Expert in experimentation
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Exposure to large scale infrastructure systems, comfortable with technical discussions
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top