Data Scientist, Analytics - Video Integrity
The mission of the Facebook Video team is to create shared experiences and a sense of belonging through video. Video is a rich and immersive format and Facebook is at the forefront of social video experiences with products such as Live and Watch Parties so we have seen an explosive growth of both video production and consumption over the last few years. Surfacing and showing the most relevant videos at this scale while maintaining a healthy ecosystem that is free of content that is harmful is essential to creating a great user experience. The Video Integrity team is responsible for identifying the types of harms that exist and applying techniques ranging from manual labeling to state of the art ML to identify and detect and remove potential harm to our users, publishers and overall ecosystem. We are looking for strong Data Scientists who will be responsible for ensuring that we are developing a safe and healthy video ecosystem. This is a critical role that will be responsible for the measurement, detection and reduction of negative user experiences ranging from violence and adult content to evolving areas like misinformation and deep fakes. This role works closely with both product and engineering teams in identifying and executing on opportunities to improve the integrity of various video experiences. Successful candidates for this role will have a strong technical background as well as significant experience in big data, data science techniques and algorithms, product analytics and influencing decision making across different teams through data.
DATA SCIENTIST, ANALYTICS - VIDEO INTEGRITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, data science, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify new levers to improve user experience.
- Monitor key product metrics, understand root-causes of metric variations.
- Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicate state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams.
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Statistics, Physics, Economics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience in SQL, Python/R.
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Applied Statistics experience (e.g., hypothesis testing, Machine Learning algorithms and lifecycle).
- Spark experience (PySpark, Spark SQL, RDD)
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience in deep learning, optimization, or social network analysis
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Enablement Solutions Partner- People Data Solutions
Menlo Park, CA
- Data Science Manager, SBG
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Growth Marketing Analyst
Menlo Park, CA
- Growth Marketing Analyst, Internationalization
Menlo Park, CA
- Marketing Science Partner, GSO Coverage
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Marketing Science Program Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top