Data Scientist, Analytics University Grad (London 2018)
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about Facebook's product, analytics and technology? The Analytics team is looking for fast-moving analytics candidates and data junkies who want to make an impact. Candidates will help own analytics for a particular product or business at Facebook and work with product managers and engineers to translate the analysis into meaningful impact to the business. Please note that candidates will have a general interview and then we will make a determination of actual team assignments.
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to understand how our users interact with our core/business products, identify trends and opportunities, and influence the direction of the product team. The Data Scientist role has work across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
- Building key datasets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Product Operations
- Setting goals for Product team
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Guiding the team's direction, and the product roadmapping process, through data
- Product Leadership
- Influencing product teams through presentation of work
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- Relevant prior experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, either in an internship of through eductation
- Experience in utilizing both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, and presenting data
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and organizations
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Experience using data manipulation languages/tools, e.g. SQL (preferred), Python, R, Tableau, Advanced Excel, etc.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, physical science, engineering, or related field)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top