Data Scientist, Analytics, University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Are you passionate about Facebook’s product, analytics and technology? The Analytics team is looking for fast-moving analytics candidates and data junkies who want to make an impact. Candidates will help own analytics for a particular product or business at Facebook and work with product managers and engineers to translate the analysis into meaningful impact to the business. Please note that candidates will have a general interview and then we will make a determination of actual team assignments.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Work closely with Product or Engineering & Operations teams to proactively create rule and manage decisions
- Prioritize leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- BS, MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related field) with a 2017 graduation date
- 3+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Programmer – Python, Perl, Java, and/or C++
- Experience with relational database (SQL, PL*SQL) is a plus
- Experience in problem solving
- Experience in presenting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression, pattern recognition, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and organizations
- Facebook user
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top