Data Scientist, Analytics - Personalization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our AI Data Science and Analytics team, focusing on Personalization. The personalization teamâ€™s mission is to build cutting-edge AI to understand, inspire and connect people to what's most meaningful for them. This team develops ground-breaking AI algorithms and systems to learn and understand people, and then optimize our services for people. By pushing the state of the art in applied research to learn from massive and diverse datasets and building powerful and flexible frameworks that help train and deploy the best models at Facebook scale, the personalization team powers major Facebook products such as Ads, Feed, Instagram, Search, and has created significant business impact.
We are looking for strong Data Scientists to help the Personalization team improve their understanding of our users and their interests, so that we can empower major Facebook products deliver highly personalized experiences to our users. This role works closely with both product and engineering teams to help define and execute on opportunities to improve and expand our personalization and recommendation systems. Successful candidates for this role will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience with personalization, working with large data sets, and will have experience in influencing decision making across different teams through data.
- Apply your analytical skills to gain deep insights into the data and ML model performance, and be able to clearly present your results and help guide cross-functional partners
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product and User Research teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities. This is a very cross-functional role
- Influencing the roadmap and decisions made by the team through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicating the state of the video understanding effort, experiment results, etc. to product teams
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of modern analytical and modeling techniques
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to upper management in support of strategic decision-making
- Plan, and be able to conduct as needed, end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Own ongoing deliverables and communications
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- Knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, SAS, R, MATLAB)
- Experience influencing product strategy through data-centric presentations (to product, business, and other stakeholders)
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas: predictive modeling, machine learning, experimentation methods
- Experience extracting and manipulating large datasets
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experienced with packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, dplyr, ggplot2
- 5+ years experience leading technical teams
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
Back to top