Data Scientist, Analytics Intern (London Summer 2019)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about Facebookâ€™s product, analytics and technology? The Analytics team is looking for fast-moving analytics and data driven candidates who want to make an impact. Candidates will help own analytics for a particular product or business at Facebook and work with product managers and engineers to translate the analysis into meaningful impact to the business. Please note that candidates will have a general interview and then we will make a determination of actual team assignments.
- Mine massive amounts and perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering team to proactively create rule and manage decisions
- Backend software engineering to build scalable solutions and help automate data processing challenges
- Prioritize leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Relevant prior experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience in utilizing both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, and presenting data
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and organizations
- The ability to communicate the results of analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Experience using data manipulation languages/tools, e.g. SQL (preferred), Python, R, Tableau, Advanced Excel, etc.
- Currently enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, physical science, engineering, or related field)
Back to top