Data Scientist, Analytics - Brand Safety & Integrity Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Protect the users and advertisers in the ecosystem by proactively identifying and enforcing against low-integrity behavior that ultimately creates poor user experiences, and to create a brand safe environment to increase advertiser trust and transparency.
One of the key roles of Facebook monetization team is to support creators that publish great content with monetization products that allow them to build sustainable businesses. As we grow rapidly and connect people, creators, and advertisers, our platform also bears the responsibility to protect all players on the ecosystem from undesirable behaviors. In particular, we want to prevent bad creators from monetizing harmful viral content, game the distribution + auction that crowd out good creators from reaching their audience and full monetization potential. At the same time, we must protect the creators from overly conservative policies that risk negatively impacting their livelihood and our relationship with partner communities. This role will focus on proactively identifying undesirable behaviors and building detections to identify them, and work closely with product, policy, and other integrity teams to implement actions that reduce risk.
- Provide technical and thought leadership on designing, prototyping, implementing and automating complex analyses
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of modern analytical and modeling techniques
- Have a proactive mindset to identify, detect, and mitigate risk to our ecosystem, and be able to clearly articulate a tactical and strategic plan to combat it
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to management in support of strategic decision-making
- Plan, and be able to conduct as needed, end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Own ongoing deliverables and communications
- Work with data engineers to architect, develop, and optimize data and modeling pipelines
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- Working knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g., SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, SAS, R, MATLAB)
- Experience extracting and manipulating large datasets
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience in influencing product strategy through data-centric presentations (to product, business, and other stakeholders)
- Domain experience in the measurement and analysis of system performance
- 5+ years experience in technical leadership role
- Quantitative risk management and policy experience
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
Back to top