Data Scientist, Analytics
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. To provide people in developing countries with the best experience we recently introduced Facebook Lite; a lightweight app optimized for slow networks and low-end phones. We’re looking for product analysts with passion for consumer products to help leverage data and make great products happen!Facebook’s analytics mission is bringing impact through data driven product development. To achieve that we work as an integral part of a product team along with product managers, developers and designers. As part of your daily work you’ll need to have a deep product mindset and ambition to drive the product roadmap and set measurable goals. You’ll be expected to ask the right questions (that’s the tricky part!) and utilize your set of tools to drive meaningful insights. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, solid experience in data-driven decision-making, scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. This position is located in Tel Aviv.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our growth products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- This role has work across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
- Working in hadoop and hive primarily, sometimes mysql, oracle, and vertica
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Product Operations
- Setting goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- XFN Influence
- Influencing product teams through presentation of work
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 4+ years experience at quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Proven experience leading data driven projects from definition to execution
- Fluency in SQL
- Python, R or any other scripting language – big advantage
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- A fast thinker, multi tasking and highly independent
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top