Data Science Strategist, Mobile Partnerships - LatAm
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Data Science Strategist will have the opportunity to implement cutting-edge business insights for Latin America's largest mobile network operators by leveraging one of the world's largest and richest data sets. You will provide a vital bridge, working intimately with the client to bring them strategic business value from our Insights products/data as part of a unique partnership. In addition to working directly with the partner, you will partner cross-functionally within Facebook, including the product, data science, and client sales team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook. You will have strong technical & data mining, as well as client-facing experience—and enjoy both. You will have a background in a related quantitative or technical field, have experience working with large data sets, be a great communicator and have experience in data-driven decision making. You should also be scrappy, focused on results, be a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Work closely with the partner to understand their business needs and challenges and deliver value to them through insights
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis & data mining to see beyond the numbers to bring the client actionable insights and recommendations to use for their business strategies
- Partner cross-functionally with the product development team and Data Science Engineering to access & understand the tools and data sets and the client sales team for media implementation strategies
- Feed success & learning back to the product team to inform, influence and support our Insights product roadmap
- 5+ years of relevant experience—data mining & analytics, working with clients and a love of data and insights
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages
- Understanding in statistical analysis
- Business fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- BS Degree
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field (advanced degrees may count as relevant experience)
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability of inspiring action based on data-driven insights
- Excellent data mining skills.
- Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience in a client/external facing position
- Experience with marketing, subscription-based business models, customer lifecycle analysis, churn and acquisition
- Experience working with large data-sets
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top