Data Science Manager - Marketplace Integrity (Menlo Park)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The mission of the team is to make Marketplace a safe and trusted platform for people to interact and transact. The exchange of goods and payments incentivizes bad actors to be particularly interested in Marketplace. We cannot be a successful e-commerce platform if we cannot protect people from bad actors, such as scammers, spammers and harassers, as well as bad contents, such as counterfeits and policy violations. The Marketplace Integrity team's responsibility is to enable people to safely and confidently interact on Marketplace, and the analytics team is a critical function to achieve this goal.
This role will focus on 4 key areas:
Product Success Measurement: How much bad stuff is happening in Marketplace? How much improvement are we able to make via product iterations and defense systems?
Verification/detection/enforcement: We aim to minimize the prevalence of threats on Marketplace (scam, spam, harassment, stolen goods, counterfeit, physical harm, nudity, guns, drugs).
Understand fraudulent users "end-to-end user journey" holistically and optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of integrity interventions
Work on agility and scalability of Marketplace Integrity products: how transferable is our defense system to new product applications? Can we "plug and play"?
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management
- 2+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Experience initiating and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating the results of analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
Back to top