Data Science Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Marketing Science Solutions & Partner Development team at Facebook is responsible for performing quantitative research and initiating external partnerships that create the building blocks for systems that quantify the value of advertising, and within the team we have data scientists who design and prototype highly-scalable solutions, and ensure successful prototypes are expanded such that all advertisers can improve the measurement and ads delivery of their marketing efforts. In service of this goal, the team identifies and executes novel solutions, develops methodologies, and partners with our product and engineering teams.
Facebook seeks an innovator to recognize new opportunities and help build highly-scalable, scientifically rigorous measurement and ads delivery systems. These efforts are instrumental for shifting the industry and marketers to evaluate their initiatives based on true business value, and to shape Facebook's ads product strategy with insights gained from these new platforms. As a manager, the role also encompasses leading and developing a high-performing team across a broad cross-section of ads products and challenges.
Applicants should have a strong technical background, demonstrated success working with engineering and product teams to build rigorous measurement systems, and a track record of helping team members develop into technical and strategic leaders.
This position is full-time and based in London.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product and Analytics leads to shape long-term product roadmaps with a balance of technical rigour and strategic considerations
- Manage and hire highly skilled quantitative researchers, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Drive technical development and project management of innovative measurement products
- Identify specific opportunities to leverage new data sources or systems to improve ads delivery or measurement for marketers
- Assess the validity and rigour of new data sources and approaches, establishing scalable frameworks for ongoing evaluation as appropriate
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Political Methodology
- Significant analytics experience with empirical problems in the social or biomedical sciences, or in the Internet industry
- Proven product development experience for ads or measurement solutions
- Proven people management experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience with R or Python leveraging large (TB) datasets with machine learning or non-parametric modeling techniques
- Knowledge of causal inference and survey research methods, including leveraging observational data and addressing challenges from incomplete data
- Proven track record of innovation
Back to top