Data Science Manager, Community Integrity - Objectionable Content
We are looking for a Data Science Manager who is passionate about helping us fight the bad guys and protect the FB and IG communities. The Community Integrity team focuses on detecting and mitigating high-intensity experiences ranging from terrorism and child exploitation to hate speech and pornography. We also strive to build legitimacy with the broader community by acting with fairness and transparency. This involves building artificial intelligence to detect violations at scale, as well as tools to maximize the accuracy and efficiency of our reps who review suspected violations so we can achieve optimal outcomes.
Community Integrity Focus: Community Integrity's mission is to minimize bad experiences for the over 2.5 billion+ people on FB and IG. Specifically, we are in charge of enforcing Community Standards: a set of policies intended to keep the community safe from violations such as spam, financial scams, hate speech, and bullying. Our job is to quickly detect and remove violating content and abusive accounts, as well as identify ways to minimize future attacks. We are focused on two key metrics: prevalence of bad experiences and false positives.
Real world impact on over 2.5 billion+ people - or at least the hundreds of who encounter bad experiences.
This role is key to keeping the platform healthy and engaged - if we don't do this successfully, FB and IG will be riddled with objectionable content and people will disengage or stop coming entirely.
Growth organization culture - the team is known for making data-driven decisions with extreme focus. It's a great place to have an impact.
Inflection point - this is a good time to join the team. We have M-team attention. We have cross-functional org alignment and high-level alignment objectives and goals, but are still exploring major strategic shifts and new technology paradigms.
Global - tackle problems across the globe.
Intellectually challenging - areas such as hate speech are nuanced, require careful consideration of fairness and over-reach.
Passionate team - attracts people who care.
DATA SCIENCE MANAGER, COMMUNITY INTEGRITY - OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all of Objectionable Content (working to minimize the impact of hate speech, graphic violence, and pornography).
- Partnering with ML engineers to identify signals and build AI to identify potential violations in these areas and trigger automated responses and/or representative review.
- Identifying opportunities to improve tools to maximize the accuracy and efficiency of representatives who perform these reviews.
- Developing measurement to identify the prevalence of these bad experiences, as well as our accuracy enforcing against them.
- Closely partnering with PM and Engineering - not as a grader for projects, but as a key partner who helps figure out the product strategy and prioritize investment areas. Product and Engineering rely on DS to drive the measurement and then do the analysis and research to understand these spaces and then drive the future courses of action for the platform.
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience crisply and clearly communicating the results of analysis to an executive audience.
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis at a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management, including experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Engineering Manager, Analytics (Ads & Business Platform)
- Data Science Manager
- Data Scientist, Analytics (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Data Scientist, Infrastructure
Bellevue, WA + 5 More
- Internationalization Vendor Manager
- Marketing Science Partner, GSO Coverage
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top