Data Science Manager, Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The job is to be the "data eyes and ears" guiding the product team. We're building innovative, exciting products used by many millions of people around the world. The data scientist finds what's working, what can be improved, what's missing. While not a management role, the data scientist drives strategy and roadmap of a large number of engineers and designers.
Suited for people with many years' experience studying data to guide product development. Experience leading a large data team is an advantage. The key attributes needed are: mastery of SQL, strong quantitative logic, core statistical knowledge, instinctive product sense and focus on real-world impact.
Open to anyone who can work in Israel, including overseas applicants who would relocate. Our sister teams also have open roles in Menlo Park CA, NY, and London.
Build meaningful products with talented, supportive colleagues in a rewarding, diverse environment!
This position is located in Tel Aviv.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management
- 2+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analysis
Back to top