Data Reporting and Visualization Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Global Ethics & Compliance Legal team is looking for a Data Reporting and Visualization Specialist that will develop and grow our compliance initiatives by utilizing the power of data to tell compelling stories. The perfect candidate has a technical background in business intelligence and data analytics in a risk related field (compliance, corruption, fraud, investigations, etc.). Additionally, communication is just as important as your technical ability as you will be working with individuals with various different specialties. Ideally, you’re a self-starter and focused on impact. This is a full time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Partner with lawyers and operations specialists to produce interactive visuals (dashboards, charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Assist with extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) data from multiple tools to develop valuable metrics and dashboards to assess risk, detect irregularities, and identify trends from financial systems
- Develop and maintain relationships with various team members in accounting, finance, internal audit, legal, and HR
- Must manage confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Business, Economics or other technical field.
- 5+ years of consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive actions
- 5+ years of custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance experience
- Intermediate to advanced SQL experience
- Intermediate to advanced data visualization experience (Tableau, D3, Angular)
- Web development experience in scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.) to interact with cloud-based Restful APIs
- Advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top