Data Quality Manager - People Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Our People Operations team is seeking a Data Quality Manager to drive implementation of data quality standards, governance, and operations of our HR tools and system. This role has the opportunity to have an incredible impact in the future of how we look at and rely on people data at Facebook.
The Data Quality Manager will partner with our Systems, Business Intelligence, and People Analytics teams to design and implement at-scale HR technology strategies, automated reports, database schemas, and system mappings. This person will interact with key stakeholders to lead the adoption of ongoing data quality management, process definitions, and access control. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience working with large data sets, and in-depth experience in data-driven decision making.
- Partner with the People Insights and Engineering teams to improve data quality efficiencies/effectiveness
- Lead and document quality assurance strategies for HR/people data that incorporates industry leading techniques and methodologies
- Analyze and recommend solutions to leaders and business partners relating to data collection, definitions, access control, and process improvements
- Find commonalities in the needs of multiple stakeholders while working on tight timelines
- Inform, influence, and execute new quality strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics
- Develop, refine, and manage data quality success metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Validate customer requirements and ensure data quality procedures have been established
- Address data integrity issues and work to solve root cause process or systems issues
- Provide process and technical support on an as-needed basis for data quality analysis, monitoring, and remediation
- Lead data quality meetings with cross-functional analytics, systems, and BI team
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science, math, engineering, economics, statistics, psychology), or equivalent technical work experience.
- 7+ years analytical/data work experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with HRIS Systems, Tableau, or related visualization tools
- Experience with statistical analysis and the ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Experience with large-scale data management, data structures, and data schemas (i.e. relational database structures)
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Quality Engineer
- Analytical skills with the ability to distill and communicate complex information to all organizational levels
- Project management experience and ability to influence leaders and partners across functional teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to understand and react to changing priorities without complete information
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential people data
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top