Data Protection Associate General Counsel
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player for a senior role on Facebook Ireland's Data Protection team. The role is a great opportunity for any candidate who is keen to tackle some of today's toughest and important legal challenges in this cutting-edge area of law. The successful candidate will be joining a growing international legal team and working on issues in a vibrant, fast-paced environment. The role will focus on providing legal advice to internal commercial, employment, security, sales and other business teams in order to identify and mitigate legal risk, and to develop governance frameworks across the business.The ideal candidate will have strong experience advising on data protection compliance issues, good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. The role will be located in Dublin (relocation assistance available). The role will require some international travel.
- Analyse services, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal assessments of risk across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide full service support to wider legal team on European regulatory and litigation matters and liaising with regulators
- Provide commercial, employment, security, sales and other business teams with legal advice on data protection laws and regulations
- Advise on, and negotiate, data protection issues within commercial contracts
- Coordinate with public policy and communications colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- Drive and manage large-scale data protection governance programmes and projects across the business
- Contribute to and provide data protection training and awareness programs
- Monitor and respond to developments in data protection and information security (i.e., new laws, regulations, important judgements, regulatory guidance, etc.).
- Support and manage team members
- Qualified to practice law in at least one EU jurisdiction
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant post-qualification legal experience (e.g. at a law firm or as in-house counsel)
- In-depth knowledge of legal issues in the area of online social media platforms including an excellent understanding of GDPR and data protection laws
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Strong contract drafting skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team
- Proven ability to successfully manage large-scale projects
Back to top