Data Platform Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Do you like working with big data? Are you interested in working with some of the largest distributed databases and data warehouses in the world? If yes, we want to talk to you. Facebook is seeking a Data Platform Engineer to join the Enterprise Data Infrastructure team to help our Facebook teams analyze multi-petabytes of data. You will help build solutions around the various Facebook distributed database technologies including HDFS/Hive, Presto, RocksDB, Scribe, and Vertica. The person should be creative and passionate about large scale, massively distributed, high performance distributed databases and data analysis tools. Their focus will enable the next generation of big data analysis platforms.This is a full time position at Facebook Menlo Park campus.
- Develop/enhance Facebook distributed databases and data infrastructure.
- Develop high quality high performance distributed systems in Java, Python, C/C++.
- Develop upon and integrate with other services within the Facebook application and development stacks.
- Work closely with other teams to understand and mitigate issues and improve performance.
- Work closely with Facebook operations teams to help develop and optimize solutions.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2+ years experience programming with Java, C/C++, Python or similar programming language
- 2+ years experience with distributed databases or distributed systems
- 2+ years experience with Unix/Linux systems.
- SQL or NoSQL database experience such as Hive, Aster Data, Greenplum, Cassandra, Vertica or Amazon Redshift
- Experience with SQL or HQL (Hive QL)
- Experience with Hadoop/HDFS framework
- Experience developing frameworks, platforms, APIs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top