Data Platform Engineer
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Data Platform Engineering team is responsible for architecting and operating BI frameworks. We scale and maintain large and distributed installations of MicroStrategy, Tableau and other 3rd party tools. Our primary responsibility is to maintain a healthy and highly available BI platform for our upstream users and developers. In this role, we extend the tools with functionality or performance related engineering and deploy automation on a global basis. We use a lot of internal Facebook tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly. Position to be based on London (UK).
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: ;Medical Benefits
Posted: 22nd May 2018 Closing date: 22nd June 2018
- Build strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups within Facebook), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for our clients' needs.
- Work on platform engineering projects that optimize the infrastructure and processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on platform automation and building independent tools that centralize BI tool activities
- Maintain a healthy and highly available BI platform for our upstream users and developers
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience administering, scaling or supporting enterprise applications in a hands on capacity.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Thrift, Tupperware or other Big Data technologies
- Experience with process automation
- Systems administration experience on Linux and/or Windows
- Experience interfacing and extending 3rd party APIs such as Tableau or Microstrategyy
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top