Data Lead, Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Weâ€™re the team thatâ€™s responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebookâ€™s policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebookâ€™s 2+ billion users.
Our Data Solutions team is responsible for building and supporting our data infrastructure to project and analyze our growth and investment in tools, products, and managing sensitive Digital Rights issues spanning IP, Privacy, and Illegal Content. We use data to influence strategic business decisions as we optimize processes, drive efficiency, and improve experiences of our internal and external stakeholders. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Legal, Operations, Policy, Privacy, and Data to ensure support at scale.
We are looking for someone to provide local leadership and support to our growing Data Solutions team. This individual will assume management responsibilities in developing talented data team members, as well as drive cross-functional impact with our internal partners. Successful candidates for this job are experienced people managers, self-motivated, have a technical mindset, are flexible to constant changes and are data-driven in developing improvements to infrastructure and processes. Ability to work across different time zones and using analytical rigor to improve our operations is critical.
- Lead a local team of analytical, technical, and operational individual contributors that support operational needs, product support and growth, and tools development
- Provide strong performance management, coaching, and career guidance for growing team of leads and individual contributors, especially in scaling the team's technical expertise in reporting, analytics, and data infrastructure
- Gain a solid understanding of all major systems, and become an expert in core IP and support infrastructure, tools, systems, and data
- Build a solid foundation and knowledge in Intellectual Property, Privacy, and Legal policies to be able to effectively advocate for Digital Rights Operations needs with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, and other cross-functional teams)
- Be an advocate for Digital Rights Operations and our data, coordinating across partner organizations including Engineering, Legal, Online Operations, Global Media Solutions, Media Operations, Sales, and Partnerships
- Support execution against priorities and roadmaps, and implement strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results against these goals that will advance the organizationâ€™s productivity through analytics
- Identify and drive scalable solutions for building and automating reports, pipelines, dashboards, and infrastructure to monitor key performance metrics, workforce strategy, and product growth
- Solve exploratory analytical problems, and contribute to Facebook core code
- Use signals from incoming reports of alleged legal rights infringements to identify opportunities for new insights and trends that may impact business decisions, short- and long-term growth, resource allocation and workforce strategy, investment in product support, and optimization of tools and systems
- Proactively and regularly communicate the impact of changes or issues with our data, logging, and infrastructure, including impact of testing across systems, products, and features
- Collaborate with Digital Rights Operations core and support teams, and market teams, to determine and prioritize data requirements which allow teams to solve daily operational problems and optimize for scale
- Partner with Data Science, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Operations to manage multiple complex projects and solve problems at scale
- Influence key cross-functional partners, including Product, Engineering, Data, Policy, Legal, and other to leverage resources and gain support for data infrastructure and collaboration
- B.A. or B.S. degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience, with a background in end to end project management, systems project management, and/or operations
- 3+ years of experience in data, reporting, and analytical problem solving
- 1+ years people management experience, with a track record of taking initiative in uncertain, dynamic environments
- 3+ years using SQL or equivalent and Excel skills
- 1+ years using languages and packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with at least one scripting language (PHP/Hack, Haskell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience in an adversarial space such as IP, fraud, spam, risk, or ad policy
- Experience building end-to-end data infrastructure and logging strategy for product or operations
Back to top