Data Engineering Manager, Spark AR (AR/VR)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Spark AR team aims to fulfill meaningful human needs through Augmented Reality. We're doing this today through the Facebook family of apps at an unprecedented scale, and most recently through devices like Portal. As part of the larger Facebook Reality Labs organization, we work towards carrying over the apps and content of the Spark AR platform to head mounted displays and wearables, thus ultimately achieving our mission of giving people the power to perceive and augment the world in any way imaginable. As a Data Engineering Manager, you'll work closely with the product as part of the Spark AR team by collecting and processing data to help inform product direction and confirm hypotheses. We primarily work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and User Researchers to build and leverage a scalable data architecture foundation. You'll be able to see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis.The ideal candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data can proactively improve companies.
- Proactively drive the vision for Dashboarding and Data Warehousing across Spark AR and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management, data quality and system reliability.
- Build a high quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, User Researchers and Software Engineers to understand how data can help inform product direction.
- Manage data warehouse plans across Spark AR.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new dashboards, data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 10+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 5+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics or other technical fields.
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company.
- Experience with Augmented Reality or similar media enhancement technologies.
- Experience with large volume data sets, Hive/Presto, and data visualization tools.
Back to top