Data Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Do you like working with big data? Do you like growing a team from the beginning and establishing the Data Engineering function in Singapore? If yes, we in Ads group want to talk to you. As the first Manager for Data Engineering in Singapore for the Ads and Business Platform (ABP) pillar, you will be key in managing the existing data engineers and growing the function in Singapore This is your opportunity to shape the culture of a growing function in Singapore, in line with the company values and create a high performing team of Data Engineers. This is also an opportunity to get exposed to a broad range of products that the Singapore location supports, and create impact by discovering analytics gaps and blind spots for those products along with improving them. Whether you are a seasoned leader or someone who has been in leadership for a short period, this is a role that will allow you to start with a small team, allowing time to get a deep understanding along with an opportunity to take on a bigger leadership role over time. The perfect candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively create positive impact for companies. This is a full-time position based in our Singapore office.
- Proactively drive the vision for data engineering across product verticals in Singapore, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Build a high-quality data engineering team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualisations.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 6+ years of experience in Data Engineering, BI or Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 3+ person teams.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- Data architecture experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
Back to top