Data Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts, and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across various business functions, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Manage data warehouse plans across a vertical.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new program launches.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 6+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 5+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with enterprise data solutions.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- Advanced degree.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top