Data Engineering Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager to build and manage one of the largest Enterprise Data warehouses in the world. This role will lead a diverse team of data and bi engineers using a combination of technologies to build a multi petabyte Vertica data warehouse.At Facebook, our business is powered by data, and analytics drive our business decisions. This role supports a diverse group across sales, marketing, finance and HR, helping Facebook harness hundreds of Petabytes of data to transform our business.Passionate and experienced people manager, able to mentor and grow the data warehousing team, identify the required skills, hire the best talent, actively manage their performance and help them to grow to their fullest potential.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, finance, people, and monetization teams to provide impactful analysis and insights across Facebook's huge data sets.
- Provide expertise and leadership on making technical decisions, mentoring junior engineers, delivering a platform that provides business value and meets end user goals
- Be innovative and solve complex problems using a variety of tools and technologies
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with diverse cross-functional teams and prioritize across departments
- Commitment to quality and operational excellence in addition to speed of delivery
- Work in a fast-paced, iterative, agile environment.
- 12+ years in Data warehousing industry or Database Management field for an internet company
- Experienced in high volume data warehousing (20TB ), experience in MPP RDBMS technologies like Vertica, Teradata, Netezza etc.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the design, development and maintenance of large scale databases with high availability/scalability/performance including SQL skills.
- Programming experience in python or equivalent, knowledge of coding best practices
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycles
- Experience in managing and leading projects
- Communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels and with content that is appropriate to the audience.
- Masters degree in a technical field
- Agile experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top