Data Engineering Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of products that impact the lives of over 800 million people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you! Data and associated analytics play a huge role in the success of Facebook. We have diverse business needs and very large-scale data. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company.
In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business and engineering problems, at a scale that few companies can match. You will do so by partnering with (internal) stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
The perfect candidate for this role will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling BI teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how BI can proactively improve companies. A key ingredient for success in this role is a passion around technical mentoring, coaching and developing people to do their best.
This is a full time position based in our office in Singapore.
- Lead a high quality BI and Data Warehousing team and design the team to scale
- Manage data warehouse plans for a business vertical or a group of business verticals
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production
- Conduct design and code reviews. Coach and lead team members on coding and problem-solving skills
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- BS/B.Tech./M.Tech in Computer Science, Math or related field
- 5+ yrs development experience (Java, Python preferred)
- 3+ years hands-on experience in SQL
- 3+ years hands-on experience in the data warehouse space, custom ETL
- design, implementation and maintenance
- Prior experience leading a teamStrong data architecture, data modeling, schema design and effective project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Experience with large data sets, Hadoop, and data visualization tools
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects, and communicate data warehouse plans to internal clients/stakeholders
- Experience scaling and managing medium to large teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top