Data Engineer, Oculus Insights and Analytics
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer on the Oculus Analytics Team, you will be working on helping ideate, structure, and implement client and server frameworks for logging and best practices so we can have better understanding of our apps. The experiences you help create across the Oculus app - including the new user experience, the store, the library, social elements, and more - will ensure people setting up our PC or Mobile product for the first time or coming back for the 100th time are engaged and eager to return to the Oculus Platform.
- Full stack web/pc/mobile application development.
- Create consumer products and features using internal programming languages.
- Work closely with our PM, Analytics, and Data Engineering teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products leveraging logging frameworks.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services.
- Build report interfaces and data feeds.
- Understanding and drive ETL processes.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ years experience with relational database.
- 1+ years experience with PHP, Java or C++.
- 1+ years experience with Python.
- 1+ years experience with SQL.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top