Data Engineer, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
We're looking for Data Engineers to work on our core and business products at Oculus with a passion for virtual reality to help drive informed business decisions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Architect, implement and deploy new data models and data processes in production.
- Perform data analysis to generate business insights.
- Interface with Engineers, Product Managers and Product Analysts to understand product goals and data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Support critical data processes running in production.
- Experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Programming experience in Python, Java, or Scala.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top