Data Engineer Manager - Forecasting
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Engineer Manager - Forecasting to join the Sales Operations Pod8, a team focused on rapidly ideating, scoping and prototyping solutions to drive Convergence of Systems / Analytics and Insights across programs, channels, verticals, Regional teams and between internal sales teams and advertisers and partners. This role will support the broader Sales organization with the development and deployment at scale of accurate statistical forecasting processes for Facebook's ad revenue and internal product sales incentives targets, with an emphasis on Facebook's Small and Medium Business (SMB). The perfect candidate will be a driven self-starter, tenacious and with great passion around execution and providing scaled products and solutions. Additionally, you will have the influence necessary to engage multiple engineering teams across Facebook to deliver on the technical roadmaps you will develop. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Design, Architect and Develop data solutions to deploy accurate statistical revenue forecasting processes across GMS, with an emphasis on Small & Medium Business (SMB)
- Interface closely with data infrastructure and multiple engineering teams to build and extend cross platform data pipelines and reporting capabilities of our forecasting models
- Knowledge of Facebook ad data architecture
- Ability to develop, and deploy data pipelines to support prototyping and POC efforts across the team
- Provide consultative solutions approach to business partners such as Analysts, Management, End Users and Developers to clarify objectives, determine scope, drive consensus, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to run forecasting models and provide actionable feedback to Data Scientists to improve our forecasting models effectiveness
- Prototype SMB specific multi level forecasting models
- Project Management
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert for solution development across the team
- MS degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar)
- Experience managing engineering tasks from planning through execution, assuming end to end responsibility for executing projects in an agile development environment
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing data engineering projects, with increased responsibility.
- 4+ years in digital marketing data / analytics / reporting function
- 2+ years statistical analysis experience, including but not limited to forecasting
- Experience in python
- Experience in operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Expertise in Data Analytics and Forecasting
- Analytics background, in a forecasting capacity and be able to work with data scientists, and sales subject matter experts alike.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top