Data Engineer, Infra Product Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day. We are looking for talented Data Engineers to build systems that will support fast and thorough analysis of our infrastructure products. You will work cross-functionally to define and track metrics that are critical to measure the adoption and efficacy of these products. As the products evolve, they will trigger new business questions - you will leverage the state of the art to build systems that will answer these questions quickly and comprehensively.
- Work with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand their data needs.
- Automate frequently requested analyses.
- Evaluate and define critical business metrics and identify new levers to help move these metrics.
- Design and evaluate A/B experiments.
- Monitor key product metrics and identify root causes behind anomalies.
- Build and analyze dashboards and reports.
- Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Communicate state of business and experiment results to product teams.
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years of SQL (Hive, Oracle, or MySQL) experience
- 2+ years experience with data visualization and data-mining
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating the results of analyses
Back to top