Data Engineer, Enterprise
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like working with big data? If yes, we want to talk to you! Data and associated analytics play a huge role in the success of Facebook. We have diverse business needs and very large-scale data. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company. The Enterprise mission is to ship people-centric Enterprise solutions that transform and accelerate Facebook's business.
Our Customer Insights team is working on the next generation Sales and Marketing Products to tackle Sales Planning, Marketing Automation and Knowledge Management in support of realizing our vision of building the best marketing and sales products, anywhere, ever. You will take part in enabling the move from "art of selling" to the "science of selling" at Facebook. We also build solutions for our Sales and Marketing functions spread across various organizations such as GMS, Workplace, Oculus, and Partnerships. The Business Applications team is re-imagining productivity by creating exceptional solutions that power Finance, Facilities, Legal, Infrastructure and the entire Supply Chain. The People Insights team is finding, growing, and keeping people at Facebook. We're passionate about people, and we optimize the employee experience to make Facebook the best place to work. Our team helps people find their way to the perfect job, become the best in the world at what they do.
In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business and engineering problems, at a scale that few companies can match. You will do so by partnering with stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
This is a full-time position based in our offices in Menlo Park, CA and New York, NY.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in creating SQL statements.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Knowledge in Python or Java
Back to top