Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, Intern/Co-Op
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
At Facebook, we have many opportunities to work with huge amounts of data each and every day. How would you like to work on data AND build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. Our Enterprise Business Intelligence team works very closely with all aspects of data, both internal and external.We are looking for Data Engineer interns with the mindset to use a variety of tools and platforms to scalably move Petabytes of data across systems and build the core tables needed to perform analysis. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company’s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle.
- Design, Architect and Develop data solutions to help product and business teams at Facebook make data driven decisions
- Using homegrown ETL framework as well as off-the-shelf ETL tools design, develop and implement data integration processes
- Interface closely with data infrastructure and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform ETL and reports generation framework
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business
- Pursuing a BS or higher in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or PhD Computer Science or related field
- Expertise with at least one programming language (preferably Python, Perl or PHP)
- Strong foundation in Database Systems
- Strong analytical skills with passion for data
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Must have school to return to after internship
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top