Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about diving into the world of big data and trends analyses? Interested in solving complex problems that are geared towards driving Facebook's business? Excited about learning how to scale and automate processes? Come join our Sales Data Engineering team at Facebook! Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. This position is located in our Dublin office.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our ridiculously large Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP
- You have developed applications within the LAMP Stack environment
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 2+ years of Java and/or Python development experience is necessary
- 2+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc) experience is required
- 2+ years of LAMP stack development experience is necessary
- 3+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical fieldSoft Skills
- Need to be opinioned and passionate about what you do both at a tech level and at a business level. Not afraid to challenge the norm.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders in various time zones.
- Very strong work management
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top