Data Engineer, AR/VR Camera
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day. How would you like to work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. Join a team of Data Engineers and Scientists in the Camera Team! The mission of the Camera Team is to empower people through Augmented Reality (AR), and in doing so build a world class Camera. The Data Engineers support everything from helping product teams build new pipelines to track new and existing AR experiences, measure the performance of the underlying AR tech (e.g. face and hand trackers, plane detectors, etc.).
The Camera team is also a platform team, meaning that the technology we build supports not just Facebook's main app, but also Instagram, Messenger, Bonfire, etc. Data Engineers on this team will be uniquely positioned to analyze data, influence teams and create impact across the Facebook family of apps!
This is a full time position based in our London Office.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
-Posted: 13th September 2018
-Closing date: 11th October 2018
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infrastructure issues and drive to resolution.
- Analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience in Python or Java.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top