Data Engineer, Analytics (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join the WhatsApp Business and Analytics Team. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including Engineering, Product, Business, Customer Support, Human Resources, Finance and Legal. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp's Head of Growth & Partnerships.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience with Python or Java
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top