Data Engineer, Analytics (WhatsApp)
(Mountain View, CA)
WhatsApp is the world’s fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and million of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play.
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join the WhatsApp Business and Analytics Team. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you’ll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including engineering, product, business, customer support, human resources, finance and legal. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp’s Head of Growth & Partnerships.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python or Java preferred)
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top