Data Engineer, Analytics - University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Would you like to work with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience – all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you’ll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match. This is a full time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Architect, implement and deploy new data models and data processes in production.
- Perform data analysis to generate business insights.
- Interface with Engineers, Product Managers and Product Analysts to understand product goals and data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Support critical data processes running in production.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- Programming expertise in a language of your choice (e.g. Python or Java preferred)
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience in writing SQL statements
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top