Data Engineer, Analytics - Seattle
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Seattle.
DATA ENGINEER, ANALYTICS - SEATTLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Knowledge in Python or Java.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Engineer, People Engineering
- Data Science Manager
- Data Scientist, Analytics
Austin, TX + 3 More
- Data Scientist, Analytics (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Marketing Science Partner, GSO Coverage
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Technical Investigator
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top