Data Engineer, Analytics - Seattle
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
This is a full time position based in our office in Seattle.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with programming languages (e.g. Python or Java preferred)
- 2+ years experience with schema design and data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience in managing data warehouse plans to internal clients.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top