Data Engineer, Analytics (Instagram)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by hundreds of millions of people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will be working with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
This is a full time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 4+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 4+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 4+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- 4+ years experience using Python or Java
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top