Data Engineer, Analytics (Ad Monetization and Delivery)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, you will work closely with the Facebook App Monetization (FAM) team whose mission is to build people-first experiences that give economic opportunity and access to everyone. You will be responsible for building a strong data foundation, data infrastructure and architecture in the FB App Monetization (FAM) Ecosystems team that will help the analytics, product, engineering and FAM leadership to drive decisions and build products with a holistic view and long term optimization founded in data. You will work on some of our most challenging problems that cut across our products, solve for a number of our teams, and set high level direction for the organization.
- Drive vision, data strategy for FAM Ecosystems.
- Plan, build roadmap for longer data strategies, data foundation, data assets to drive longer term needs for FAM Ecosystems.
- Define goals and technical direction within FAM and participate in defining team goals and technical direction within organization.
- Design, build and own the optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and ETL pipelines, dashboards and experimentation metrics.
- Build core datasets as well as scalable and fault-tolerant pipelines.
- Build data anomaly detection, data quality checks, and optimize pipelines for ideal compute and storage.
- Define and own the data engineering roadmap for long term Ecosystems data foundation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners including data scientists, product managers and Software Engineers and FAM leadership to design and develop end to end data assets.
- Work with data infrastructure teams to suggest improvements and influence their roadmap.
- Recommend improvements and modifications to existing data and ETL pipelines.
- Communicate and influence strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and leadership.
- Drive internal process improvements and automating manual processes for data quality and SLA management.
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 4+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- 7+ years experience in writing complex SQL and ETL processes.
- 7+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 4+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Knowledge in Python or Java.
- Experience in analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Experience mentoring team members in their careers.
- Experience effectively collaborating and communicating complex technical concepts to a broad variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of monetization or advertisement world for consumer products.
Back to top