Data Engineer, Analytics
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience – all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you’ll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data models in production
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Support existing processes running in production
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- 4+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years experience with programming languages. Python and Java – advantage
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- BSc or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system – an advantage
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top