Data Engineer, Analytics
Do you like working with big data? Are you passionate about data? If yes, we want to talk to you! Our Sales and Marketing Interfaces team is working on the next generation data platform to enable the move from "art of selling" to the "science of selling" at Facebook. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business at a scale problems that few companies can match.
This is a full time position based in our Dublin Office
DATA ENGINEER, ANALYTICS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with programming languages, Python preferred.
- Hands on and deep experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top